Recalls and Field Corrections Clover Sprouts and Alfalfa Sprouts Recalled 1998
Recalls and Field Corrections: Foods – Class I
November 25, 1998
- Products containing alfalfa sprouts and/or clover sprouts as a ingredient, in zip lock plastic bags: a) Alfalfa Salad Sprouts (alfalfa, clover), 4 ounces and 16 ounces; b) Clover Sprouts, 4 ounces; c) Spicy Sprouts (alfalfa, clover, radish) 4 ounces. Recall #F-049/051-9.
- None – all product on the market as of July 11, 1998.
- Sprout House, San Bruno, California.
- Manufacturer, by letter dated July 10, 1998. California Department of Health Services issued press release on July 10, 1998. Completed recall resulted from sample analysis by the California Department of Health Services.
- California and Nevada.
- Firm estimates none remains on the market.
- The products may be contaminated with Salmonella and Escherichia coli O157:NM.