Benefits of SunGarden Sprouting Seed
Just as great chefs know that the most important part of the meal is to start with the best ingredients, successful sprout growers understand that the quality of the sprouts they produce can never be better than the quality of the seed they start with.
Reasons to Choose SunGarden Sprouting Seed
SunGarden Sprouting Seed is the favorite of commercial sprout growers, big and small, because we understand all the positive attributes that growers look for in their sprouting seeds:
- We offer seed that has been treated with a Non-Thermal Organic pathogen control process
- Your sprouting seed absolutely must not have any human pathogens.
- Your sprouting seed should not have plant pathogens.
- Seeds for growing sprouts should be uniform in size and color.
- Sprout seed should have a high quick germination.
- Sprouting seeds should not be scarified and should have very few damaged seeds.
- Sprouting seeds should have a low moisture content but not so low as to damage the seed.
- The sprouts produced from purchased sprouting seed should germinate uniformly and show good vigor.
- The sprouting seed should have few over-soaks (over-soaks are seeds that soften quickly when put in water).
- The age of the sprouting seed is important. Some seed is best if aged, while others are not.
- The sprouts grown from the seed should have a good flavor and shelf life.